How YOU can model leadership in fundraising?
For everything, there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven. Ecclesiates 3:1
Lead by planning
- Create a compelling fundraising plan that reaches all members of the congregation
- Involve new faces who can bring new ideas and energy to your efforts,
- Try something new in your fundraising campaign. How about a ‘money minute’ homily?
- Include online giving options to attract new members and those who joined online services during the pandemic
Lead with a Vision
- Is your vision for the future Spirit-centered, future-focused and inclusive?
- Be articulate about WHY you personally support the vision
- Find ways to share the vision with everyone. Do you teach children the value of giving?
- Does your plan include ways of talking about money with those unfamiliar with stewardship?
Lead by Giving
- Always make your own gift first after prayerful reflection
- Try to increase the amount you give from the previous year
- Be clear that giving includes time, talent and treasure
- Invite everyone who is part of your community to give, no matter the size of their gift
- How easy for people of all generations to give in ways that speak to them?
Lead with Prayer and Thanksgiving
- Center your stewardship work in prayer, expressed in both corporate and personal prayer
- Do you value the giver? Thank every giver in various ways for all their gifts
- Ask God’s blessing on the gifts and pledges received on a specific day of celebration
- Make it FUN for everyone, through a shared meal, acknowledgement or special event
- Have you challenged people to find joy in giving their resources to do God’s work?